Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Where is the Justice?

While I was preparing for my trip to DC for the blogger's conference yesterday, Jeanine emailed me.

I'm going to Hawaii for work. Early January.

Now, I don't mean to be bitter, but... DC in December for two days versus Hawaii in January for a week. Who has the better job?

A friend said, Now, you can't compare apples to oranges.

I said this is not apples to oranges. This is a juicy, perfectly ripened mango that drips down your chin to a half eaten snickers bar you find under the car seat three years later.

No offense, Mike.

Another friend said, hey, at least you don't have a crabby boss.

First of all, Jeanine's boss is a lovely man. Very nice. Secondly, I'm my own boss and I am crabby. Often.

There is no justice in the world.

I need a better job.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha..

no justice indeed.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

offer to take her along this weekend maybe she will feel like inviting you to go along in January. Can't hurt to try.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

half eaten snickers bar you find under the car seat three years later.

Hey hey hey now! I heard you plan to meet up with fascinating people while you're in DC. We're no Rachel Maddow, but ... a half eaten snickers bar?

{sniff}

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sue, if I said anything nice about my trip... well... it would ruin the big whine.

you are not a half eaten snickers bar.

but DC compared to Hawaii? is.

and suzy, I already tried asking if I could go along. she said, "Ill be working"

and I said, hello? point me to the beach...

nixed.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now if that had been one of your kids talking like that, you would be calling them spoiled brats!

maybe your crabby boss will send you somewhere nice to write soon! LOL

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

hello? I am 45 years old. I get to be spoiled.

my children are... children.

my boss is sending me soon to a great place to write... if the water is working.

ahem.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Dave had the same reaction about her response to "Ill be working". What does that have to do with it. I would think it could be a "working trip" for you too lol.
ttfn

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home