Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Lesson Learned

Today was a very productive day. I cleaned up all the construction mess, finished off painting around the new windows, washed every sheet, blanket and bedding item. I mopped floors and made beds and shoveled the walk.

I also hung curtains. Okay, they are Roman shades, not curtains with lace and frill but they had all come down to have the windows replaced. I went to hang them up.

Now, I am not someone who uses power tools. In fact, unless you count a swiffer mop, I really have never used a power tool. Sure, I've had to screw things together and I always do it by hand.

But there was Jeanine's drill. And the shades. What's the worst thing I could do?

It took me a while to realize I had to drill a small guide hole first. Once I did, they shades went up, boom boom boom. Easy. I was quite proud of myself.

In fact, I was feeling quite butch. Ha! I can do this stuff, too.

Until I looked closely. I had hung them all up backwards.

All of them.

Lesson learned- stay away from the power tools. I must accept the things I can fix, and bug my wife to do the rest.

Besides, the windows are so beautiful, I don't think they needs any shades.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl...

shades are over-rated anyway.....ldc1116

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, you have messed up the new window trim already! just couldn't wait till i got down there could you! LOL i'll bring my wood filler along!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I thought I could do it.

I thought I could do it nice.

I was wrong.

bring filler, please.

no more power tools for me.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm okay w/ the power tools. my wife, however, loves her drill. at 8 months pregnant, i helped her on and off a chair to hang the blinds and valances in the nursery.
i prefer doing the more butch stuff, but i don't mind her using her drill. honestly? i think it's hot! :-D

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

backwards shades not hot.

not sexy.

noooo.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing. I'm without words.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

You are a disgrace to all lesbians!

;)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Thought.............

Famous last words

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Gimlets are your friends. Both kinds.

I got one with a nice conical spiral point and a wood handle. You only need one. Gimlet sets are overdoing it.

You can have as many of the other kind as you like.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home