Friday, January 16, 2009

New York, New York

I am so glad I don't live in New York City. Aside from the expense, the constant assault on your senses, there is that post traumatic stress syndrome from 9/11.

I cannot imagine how it felt to watch a plane land in the Hudson River yesterday. From my own little calm haven, I saw the news flash up and immediately freaked.

Not again...

It was not the same. All the passengers got off the plane safely and the pilot is being heralded- rightly- as a hero. Birds caused the problem- Alfred Hitchcock is smiling somewhere.

I bet you all are going to listen now when the crew goes over that emergency evacuation information we all often sleep through. I know I will.

For a moment, though, anyone looking out their window along that river must have started to shake. Having lived with PTSD for a while now, I know it can be the smallest of things that can set you off. Give you nightmares for weeks.

A jet landing in the river is not a small thing.

The new administration cannot start soon enough. Repair to all our relations with all countries needs to begin now. I want to stop feeling like I have a bulls eye on my back simply because I'm American and have an idiot for a president.

My thoughts are with all of New York City. Hang in there, it will get better. The cowboy is gone and a true statesman is taking over.

Hopefully, just in time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I love how the media are calling it "miraculous."

What do you think they'll say when competence becomes commonplace? Like when Hillary talks to a foreign leader without getting people killed?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I love how 23/6 handled the story.

http://www.236.com/

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i can say is, 3 days and counting!!!

maybe i will have a stiff martinin tonight to help speed things along!! oh that's right, i always have a stiff martini at these drag affairs!! LOL

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home