Friday, January 16, 2009

New York, New York

I am so glad I don't live in New York City. Aside from the expense, the constant assault on your senses, there is that post traumatic stress syndrome from 9/11.

I cannot imagine how it felt to watch a plane land in the Hudson River yesterday. From my own little calm haven, I saw the news flash up and immediately freaked.

Not again...

It was not the same. All the passengers got off the plane safely and the pilot is being heralded- rightly- as a hero. Birds caused the problem- Alfred Hitchcock is smiling somewhere.

I bet you all are going to listen now when the crew goes over that emergency evacuation information we all often sleep through. I know I will.

For a moment, though, anyone looking out their window along that river must have started to shake. Having lived with PTSD for a while now, I know it can be the smallest of things that can set you off. Give you nightmares for weeks.

A jet landing in the river is not a small thing.

The new administration cannot start soon enough. Repair to all our relations with all countries needs to begin now. I want to stop feeling like I have a bulls eye on my back simply because I'm American and have an idiot for a president.

My thoughts are with all of New York City. Hang in there, it will get better. The cowboy is gone and a true statesman is taking over.

Hopefully, just in time.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I love how the media are calling it "miraculous."

What do you think they'll say when competence becomes commonplace? Like when Hillary talks to a foreign leader without getting people killed?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I love how 23/6 handled the story.

http://www.236.com/

9:45 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

all i can say is, 3 days and counting!!!

maybe i will have a stiff martinin tonight to help speed things along!! oh that's right, i always have a stiff martini at these drag affairs!! LOL

8:38 AM  
Blogger pandoraing said...

For that reason, every pandora charms year countless fashion gurus and pandora jewellery genius designers would contribute their pandora jewelry talent to release endless artwork cheap pandora charms and fashion items for the fashion pandora bracelets world. Ladies may have great kind pandora bangles of standard to fulfill the chase and pandora necklaces personal understanding of beauty.Apart from cheap pandora beads the regular items of color dress pandora earrings from shirt to mini skirt, elegant high cheap pandora sets heels or necessary jewelry for illustrating the unique disposition.

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home