Monday, February 16, 2009

Mea Culpa

I just got yelled at by two people.

Where's the posts???

Mea Culpa. I really have been remiss.

Last week managed to get a tad busy. Mass Equality had our big gayla bash on Saturday night. It was great. I was the co-host. I had a great group of friends who showed, cheered me on. It meant so much to me to have everyone there. The best part? Dancing until we could not dance anymore.

I also was packing Jake and Zachary for winter camp- yup. This week, both are out braving the winter elements, having a blast, skiing, skating, sledding. School is off for the whole week. They begged to go and, well, who am I to disagree?

Ben and I are up in Ogunquit. Just the two of us. Time to chill, hang out, spend time together. This has meant, so far, a massive dose of reality television shows. Soon to be shopping. I'm letting him decide what we do, where we go.

Well... not completely. I have my limits.

After thinking about the kid in need, and the kids we have, Jeanine and I decided this is not the right time to add another person to our family. Some day, yes, we will. I wish the reality was we missed our only chance but I know better.

After all the chaos of last week, I'm looking forward to a long, quiet week.

Quiet.

I know, I'm dreaming.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, enjoy it. It may not be quiet, but I'll bet it's quieter.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if you were talking about me telling you this morning to get a post done, i would hardly call that yelling at you! you are just SOOOOOOOO sensitive!!!

when i lived in philly and we would all go out dancing like that, we would call ourselves "dancing assholes"! i think that term suited us on saturday night!!

thanks for including me, it was great to get out of downeast maine for a weekend. you can only shovel so much snow you know!

you didn't invite me, but i think i will drop in for a cocktail in a bit! get the glasses chilled.
xoxo

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

donald, there will always be a chilled glass waiting for you.

always.

dancing assholes... hmmm. fits.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

i was about to send up a flare was wondering what was up. enjoy your time with ben.
ttfn

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home