Thursday, February 05, 2009

Gift Night

Dilemma de jour: This is one of those times I really have a lot to say but if I do I could jeopardize something very very important to me. I'm inches away from something I've wanted, waited for, dreamed about, for almost twenty years.

I can't blow it.

So, yes, I've been quiet this week. Yes, there is a lot going on.

Can't spill it. Yet.

In the meantime...



Allan returned from a two week trip to Saudi Arabia, where he did several presentations on Special Education needs and transitions.

He's very smart, our Allan.

One of the women he met there decided his boys should have traditional dress from their country. A skull cap, head dress, and white robe. They all tried them on last night.

Very cute.

I think I'll have them framed. I doubt they'll ever wear them but they are so very cool.

Last night, we all received gifts. Some were from another country, given with love from Allan, or a princess, and others.

Some were... bittersweet.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for a dream come true for you!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Sara! So coy! You have us all on the edge of our seats ....

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! A while back you blogged about knowing that Madoff was a crook. How come the Foundation you are on the investment committee of turned up on the list released today of Madoff investors?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

well, let's see Patrick, or should I call you anonymous since you don't clearly wnat your name printed, I am one of many on a committee.

One vote. One voice. If you would like a copy of the finance meetings, I believe they are public record.

while I, as chair, do not have the ability to out vote everyone, I can fire people from the committee who have conflict of interest.

and I have. but you know that.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

oooo the hair is standing on end good luck.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Oh, snap!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear what is going on!

it is sooooo good to have allan back home, i am looking forward to hearing all about his adventure.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Fingers crossed. Let us know if there's a party involved so we can show up and act silly.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your dream come true. I know it will....

Laura aka UP. ;)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I'm starting to think this whole "dream come true" thing is just a ruse to get more hits -- you know we keep coming back for an update, and you're just sitting there watching your sitemeter numbers go up, aren't you!

;-)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

no, truly, I'm not, sue.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Sara is so sly, isn't she Sue?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ulla said...

If you had as many problems with arabs in your country as we have in Europe, that wouldn't look cute.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home