Friday, September 18, 2009

Republicans say, Be Afraid, Very Afraid?




I can't add much to what Maddow and Speaker Pelosi said except that I'm horrified by the Republican response. Be afraid? Is this their only hope, an assassination? What are they thinking?

I am not a fan of the march called for on Washington DC in October for LGBT folks. That said, I am getting a little fearful of a large gathering and what might happen.

Freedom of speech is essential for a democracy. But there is a fine line between rhetoric and calling for violence. Obama has been threatened more than any other president in our history.

Is this what we want for our country?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It's so crazy. I feel like we're in some sort of bizarro world. Nothing makes sense. I fear for our president.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stunned.... this man was democratically elected. Not being an American, from my view, he's one of the best things that have happened to your country in a long time. There will always be bigots and bullies and racial hatred, but it's time to stand up and be counted. This has always been unacceptable, but this is the 21st century and experience and education should prevail. Ms Moon, I fear you are not alone in your fear for your president.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home