Friday, August 14, 2009

Missing My Babies

I miss my kids.

I miss Zachary and Jake.

I miss the noise.

I miss the fighting. Okay, maybe I don't miss that too much.

I miss making fried egg sandwiches.

I miss having their friends over.

I miss watching them play spy games.

I miss beating them at video games.

I miss watching them eat ice cream.

I miss the incessant questions.

I miss the goofy silliness at dinner time.

I miss swimming in the ocean with them.

I miss watching the Red Sox with them.

I miss walking down the beach and hearing their observations about the world.

I can almost say I miss watching iCarly with them but ... no. I don't miss that.

On Sunday, I get to go visit for four hours. It's a manly man camp and it's Dad's weekend. Walter and Allan are spending it with them- lucky boys, they don't have to share a single dad as they have two. Women are only allowed for four hours.

See, we make the kids homesick. Moms. We have our ways. Besides by Sunday, we won't smell bad like the dads.

I just miss them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

They are your roots, your anchors in the wind and rough seas.
Oh. Let's face it- our children are our lives.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

i concur ms moon what ever will we do when they leave oh wait they don't strike that....

12:52 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

watch, in two weeks you will be blogging about how you are ready for them to be going off to school!! lol

7:37 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh yeah, donald. you are absolutely right.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just found your blog and my son is going away to school soon. Im really sensitive to the missing him thing.

Tracy

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home