Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ready for some Football!

Ok, let's just get this out- I picked the Titans to win. I don't think the Steelers can do it.

They aren't the Patriots, after all.

Life has taken off in a huge rush this past week. My sister moved out of her apartment, but without any place to go- she decided the kids rooms were simply too small for them to share- this is true but... it means she's in a hotel down the street. Hangs here during the day. It's all very disjointed, not something that works for anyone and something that has to work for now.

I watched the President last night- I have to say, it was the best speech I've ever seen him give. I loved how he defended Teddy Kennedy's view of social justice. Because it is about justice. It moved me. And it clearly moved him, his voice catching at the end.

I was horrified that someone shouted out, and that the Repubs held signs. Hello? What happened to holding back applause? Screw any working across the aisle, I say. Let's go kick their asses.

But then, I'm a hot head and it's not such a good thing for me to make such decisions. I couldn't help wonder, though, if his being young and African American had anything to do with the horrendous behavior of the GOP. Just wrong. Disgusting.

I start coaching Jake's soccer team this Saturday, all the way through November 21st. Somehow, I don't think I'll be wearing shorts then. Brrr. I'm not the best choice for coach at this age but I'll make them run and promised fun would be had. I hope no one expects any major strategy happening because I never played soccer.

I've had meetings every day this week. It feels great to get back into the swing. The kids are getting settled into school. Overall, things are going good.

Except that Jeanine picked the Steelers tonight. And is cheering away right now. Bah. I say Bah to her. But the Titans just sacked the shit out of Rothesberger and... ahhh.

8 Comments:

Anonymous donald said...

you've never played soccer and yet you are coaching, hum?

i guess jeanine was happier at the end of the game than you.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

nope, steelers didn't make the point spread. I won... bwuahahahahaha!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sara... we were friends in my head until you picked the titans. though- i think i would have taken an 0-1 start with a healthy polamalu than a 1-0 with him out 3-6 weeks.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

thats why you get some teenagers to help you out that are or were on the soccer team
; and its a good thing the steelers won sara's chem teacher tends to be cranky the next day if they don't.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Seda said...

Yay! Off to another season of football!

"I couldn't help wonder, though, if his being young and African American had anything to do with the horrendous behavior of the GOP."

Uh, yeah. Have you seen the vile bile being spewed on conservative blogs? Even when their lies are debunked, they don't change their lines, and they go ballistic over the slightest "slight." I don't think even Clinton dealt with such vicious slander.

But then, their whole world just crashed down around their ears. One of them is in the White House!

:-)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh, anon, it was all about the spread. not really a fan of titans... just didn't buy the spread.


seda, there is no way any repub would have done that to a white man. no way. not even kucinich.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Do you know about "The Madden Curse"? I have the Steelers defense in my FFL, and Troy Palomalu got hurt, out 3-6 weeks.

The curse strikes again....

11:37 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Isn't this the time of year when the Steelers clinch home field advantage for the playoffs and the Patriots are mathematically eliminated?

Do you know what kind of gold and black object I'm waving over my head?

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home