Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Serious Shortage at Home

Big drama today in the house. We are down to our last two rolls of toilet paper.

Years ago, a columnist for the Boston Globe, Diane White, wrote a fabulous piece on what families tended to hoard. Back in the 50's, there were canned good in case of a nuclear attack. Today? Toilet paper. On average, families, if I remember right (it was a long time ago and I can no longer find the column), had at least 10 extra rolls in their house.

I think that's pretty low.

Fear not, I'm on my way to the store to stock back up to about 20 rolls.

Ok, maybe not the deepest thinking today but... sometimes we all need a break.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Morgan said...

I hoard chocolate cake in my house.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

yes, i think you need to send some here.

I'll send you some toilet paper in return.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

You know where the Bread & Chocolate Bakery is on Madison in Newtonville? Your cake will be ready tomorrow between 2 & 4. Show your I.D. for pickup.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

Oh, and you can keep the toilet paper.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

you serious? I can find the bread and chocolate bakery... don't you worry.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

It's there! Serious...you do have to wait until tomorrow.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Having extra toilet paper in the house makes me feel rich. So does having extra coffee.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Jeffrey said...

Animals are so lucky, aren't they?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I hope you bought the kind made from recycled paper!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

yes, recycled paper.

yes, real cake.

yes, coffee, toilet paper and sugar all make me feel that the world is ok.

but cake... that makes me feel special. thanks so much morgan.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Cake? Did someone say cake?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

like dracula's daughter told lud and marie, stop talking about that damn cake!! (for those of you that don't know lud and marie, it is from an very early lily tomlin skit)

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

I remember that skit Donald. LOL

9:05 PM  
Blogger phil said...

I know the feeling. Ever get up in the morning, and realize you never bought coffee, when you meant to remind yourself the day before?

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home