Monday, April 12, 2010

Four More Days...

Four more days till Spring break with the kids. Well, two of the kids. Zachary already had his spring break.

All I know is that I need a break.

I had a little fit this morning about the mess in the house. Why do I have to clean up after everyone??? I asked.

Um, because I always do, I believe is the answer.

I'm tired. Really tired. I have work to do that I have not finished and all I want to do is crawl back into bed. A letter to write about street names and holding of stocks, a list of things for taxes, a meeting date request...

But in four days, I go to Key West with Ben and Jake. Sun, fishing, swimming... I said to Jeanine I wasn't going to take my phone. She said I had to, but I didn't have to answer any calls except hers.

Maybe. It's still tempting to completely unhook from the world. I am looking forward to going out on a boat with Jake and fishing. To sitting by the pool with Ben, just chilling. For there to be no mail to open, emails to respond to, bills to pay (yikes! did I pay the mortgage???), nothing but warm breezes to soak in.

This is usually my big energy time of year and aside from a small glimpse a few weeks ago, I've yet to see it.

Something to contemplate while away. But not too hard, because it's all been so hard lately, all I want is some peace.

Four more days. First, I gotta go check on that mortgage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home