Saturday, April 17, 2010

Key West, Day One

We got in yesterday afternoon.. the hotel is a little ... um... well... it's ok. When I saw four fat, hairy old men playing pool at the outdoor table without shirts on, I had a class moment.

If they only didn't have breasts. and.. hair. Ew.

But we have a view of the ocean and a lovely little deck. Although I find it interesting that a non smoking resort has ashtrays out on the deck. Isn't that counterproductive?

We walked down Duval, and passed an "adult" something or other. A bunch of, as Ben said, strippers on the porch drinking mountain dew and smoking cigarettes. Jake turned to me and said, I think I have to be 21 to be here...

Indeed. When we got back to the hotel, Ben had to take a shower. Oy. The boy does love him some large breasts.

After two martinis at the hotel restaurant- I must say it was very good, fairly cheap, and outside right on the ocean- last night, it all seemed perfect. Although the place is called the Strip Club, and walking into it, there were 1920's pictures of naked women everywhere. Ben looked at me and said, I don't the he should be here! pointing to Jake. Jake, at 10, did not notice.

Yes, Ben took another shower when we got back to the room.

After dinner, Jake whupped me at pool. I really really can't play when I've been drinking, despite my own belief that I can. Ben decided we simply must have the couch that was at the outdoor bar with the pool table, on the deck at home.

Right now I'm having a fabulous Cuban coffee, watching the waves and getting ready to go to Blue Heaven for breakfast. Perhaps jet skis later today and I think if I haven't completely lost my mind, we are going to try para sailing later this week.

I have to check that out with the wife to be sure I'm allowed.

I have to let go of my inner Ritz Carlton princess (although some would say, INNER?) and all will be good.

To blue heaven...

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Whitman said...

Why do you have to let go of your inner princess and why aren't you staying at the Ritz????

This makes no sense to me....

although it seems Ben is dealing just fine with it all....

Oh I say NO to the para sailing!

Love you guys and miss you-xox-C:)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Ha! This is great stuff! I was in a titty bar in Key West once (don't ask) and the women seemed so sweet and they all had very tiny titties. Strange. Two guys walked in, looked around and one of them said, "Your mama's got bigger tits than these women." The other guy nodded agreement and said, "When God said 'tits' these women thought they said 'grits' and they said, 'Not much for me, please.'"
I will never forget that.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I havent been to Key West in a number of years....it is an "interesting" place to be to say the least!

Enjoy!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I have to say, I've not seen so many really really REALLY drunk people since being in New Orleans at mardi gras.

yikes.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home