Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me...

Today is my birthday.

47.

I think. I asked my mother on my 40th birthday to forever more remember me as 32. She always did.

I woke up today after night sweats and hot flashes, to the beautiful coast of Maine. And then drove 6 hours to get home.

Last night? I was the luckiest woman alive. I ate fresh lobsters. Laughed with the kids at dinner, which we actually could eat out on the porch because it was so warm. Had strawberry shortcake for dessert and watched the fire burn.

Someone else did the dishes. Honestly? That's all I want. Someone else to do the dishes.

Tomorrow marks the first day of the month long sprint that is June, the end of school, and all that the kids do.

All that really matters to me are my kids. Honestly. After spending some time alone in Maine, I know that.

Deeply.

I'm 47 today. Not a day over 32. Although Ben told me today I qualified for botox.

You know what? I love every line. Every extra fold. It is who I am today. I'm tired of fighting. I'm just going to enjoy. My beauty is not in my skin or my body- it is in my mind.

Ok, that might be slipping some but... Happy Birthday to Me!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sara.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Triple Dog said...

Happy Birthday from Washington State. 47 is young to my 51. Wrinkles and gray hair are my tattoos.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Yes. Happy birthday to you. I mean that. I hope you are happy tonight in your skin, with your family, in whatever place you are.
Happy birthday.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

That made me happy to read. It made me appreciate my life more. It truly is about the simple things - and I can't wait to get my lines in the face too:-)
Happy birthday to you.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Happy birthday from Argentina, where all the women have botox and liposuction--I sat in synagogue last Friday night and saw no one who looked like me.
It is good to know oneself and to be happy with that.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous cbc said...

happy birthday sara. from a younger mom happily on her road to wrinkles.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

A slightly belated happy birthday! Best wishes for a great year ahead!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday.
I love your attitude. Happy Birthday.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

Happy Birthday, almost 2 weeks late! You may dance like you're 47, but you can always be 32 in my book! Primarily, because then I'm only 37! LOL Hope you had a great one.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home