Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good To Be Home

Ah, home again. We had quite a long journey yesterday and I know that no one feels sorry for us being stuck in airports all day after 10 days in Key West.

Zachary said we were all scary tan. Indeed, we are.

I will say ten days in a small hotel room with two boys is not all it's cracked up to be- the maid was very glad to see us go.

I missed home. I missed my wife. I missed Zachary. I missed my sister.

Sometimes I feel like I need to move or go somewhere else- but when I come home after a trip away, I know better. Everything I need is right here. Great friends, a community I am deeply rooted in, and oh my, there is nothing like a cup of coffee in my comfy chair in the morning.

Although when Zachary shook me awake this morning at 7AM, telling me it was "harp day," I wasn't so sure. (Harp day is the day I have to load it in the car, take it to Jake's school so he can practice with the orchestra.)

Jeanine and I stayed up way too late last night talking. The time flew by, and it was comforting to be sitting next to her. She asked me how I felt about the trip. It was an interesting flip for me. I am not the "fun" mom, Jeanine is. I had to take the role on, and I think I did a fairly good job.

The day out on the fishing boat was not such a good idea, as both boys got seasick. I had a sailfish on the line and lost it. The ocean was too rough, though, and we headed in early.

I did not talk about politics. Ok, I did a couple times but not within their earshot. There was big movement going on in Massachusetts and I simply had to partake in some of it.

I think Ben and Jake actually bonded. The hard part will be this next week, when Ben goes back to his friends and ignores Jake again. They will, though, have the memory of parasailing together, 10 stories above the ocean, laughing and punching each other.

The leaves are almost all out here. The grass much greener than when we left. We are a little too tan for this time in New England, but it does feel good to be home.

10 Comments:

Anonymous lez zorba said...

And it feels good to have your back!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

And I think we often go away just so that we can come back.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

We're glad you had a great time -- but glad you're back!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Tan is always good....doesnt matter what time of year!

Glad you had a good time - welcome back

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I must admit, I have the energy of a sloth today. aren't you suppose to be refreshed after vacation???

3:09 PM  
Blogger Michael Rogers said...

Why didn't you say you were blogging here again!!!!!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoying your blog. Feels like your living my life!!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Welcome back!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

mike e. boy, I have been blogging here forever.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jainbin0926
fitflop clearance
true religion outlet
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet
nike free run
coach outlet clearance
beats by dre
chicago blackhawks
ugg sale
polo pas cher

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home