Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to the Hospital

Back to the hospital.

I hate hospitals.

My sister hates them more. I tease her that she's a baby but I'm the baby. I have no right to complain.

And then she had the audacity to make me laugh while we were sitting in the ER.

Probably nothing more than a reaction to the chemo. Her kidneys are having a hard time. Not unusual but enough to send her in overnight. Hopefully, that's all.

It's going to be alright. There will be days when she feels better. This is a chemistry game, one where there will be ups and downs. I have complete confidence in the doctors, which is nice because I really had no confidence in the yahoos down in Georgia.

I keep telling myself that. I mean, I sincerely believe this will all work out, she'll be in downeast with me next weekend, and we'll watch the waves roll in together.

Right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It can happen. It might.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

well, I'm going for a few days. I need to. I need to be the best, the strongest, the kindest, most available seester ever in the world.

and that takes some refueling.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. I am sure, it'll be alright in the end. As they say; "if it's not alright, it's not the end!" Remember, to take care of yourself also. You don't have to be strong all the time - sometimes it too hard to be strong all the time. Your sister just needs you be her human sister.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Take care, friend, and listen to what Dragonfly says ...

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Matt Wallace said...

Great blog you haave here

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home