Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Another Chemo Day

Another round of chemo started today for my sister. It's not good. Again, another reaction. It is to be expected, and miserable to go through.

A friend of mine told me last night to remember Shiva... the destroyer. But also the greatest being, where life comes from.

I think. I'm not really sure. It was hard to follow him. He's a lovely man but sometimes he talks in ways that are a little beyond my simple mind.

His point, I believe, was that there is an amazing circle that happens. From destruction comes life. A forest fire destroys everything- and from it comes a new, stronger forest.

It is necessary.

A great philosophical way to envision this journey. I can't hold it now. I just want my sister to have no pain. To feel better. Not in the cards for today. Or tomorrow, as it's another chemo day.

That's as far as we can go now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Sometimes, when it seems to me that a situation is so fucked up it really doesn't help me at all for people to go all New Agey on me. It's like someone saying, "God never gives us more than we can bear."
And that is helpful how?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

no shit.

she's in a lot of pain today. doesn't want to go through it again.

has to go through it again.

so hard. I wish I could have the pain because for one, I'm not as big a baby as she is, and two... I'm healthy.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice i love it.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home