Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas List

My kids keep asking me what I want for Christmas. Over and over. So... here's my list:

I want peace and quiet for a day. No fighting, no wrestling, no sassy back talk. A mother's dream. I'm not looking for peace on earth, I know that's too much to ask for, but a single day. In my house.

I want a gas mask to get through the high cologne days in the car when I can't open the window all the way.

I want Obama to bring the troops home. Now. Not in 2014, which is the new date quietly being discussed by the administration.

I want my house clean. No clutter anywhere, everything neatly put away, and someone else to clean the kitty litter once in a while. Okay, maybe just once would be nice.

I want someone else to clean my office, file all the paperwork, and pay all the bills.

I want my wife to adore me again instead of boss me around.

I want Ben and Jeanine to stop fighting all the time about everything and anything.

I want the end of Don't Ask, Don't Tell so we can focus on ending the wars.

I want someone to send me flowers for no reason at all except that they were thinking of me.

I want James Dobson to have a vision of hell and realize it's filled with people like him- not the gays.

I want my good friend to find a woman who is loving, kind and sweet. Someone who can take care of her, love her, because she deserves a break.

I want my sister to wake up and say, damn. I feel good today.

I want all politicians to have an electric collar that zaps them when they lie.

I want all babies to come home from the hospital with a warning tag: Will turn into adolescent.

I want my mother's voice in my head to take a nap, giving me a break from the constant yammering about how horrible I am.

I want another good friend to land the perfect job, one that feels great, pays great, and gives her the kudos she deserves.

Overall? I want to smile more, laugh more, kiss more, hug more, dance more, sing more. All things I realize it's up to me to give to myself.

Or a coffee mug I can take on the T with me in the morning. I'm really not that hard to shop for...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Great list, Sara. I would add most of these to my own list.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love this list.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

that is quite the list there lady!

let's not give up on world peace just yet!

here's hoping it all comes your way.
xoxo

12:26 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

well, you might get that coffee mug.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I figured that was the only thing I'd get Sue...

4:46 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh wait, I got the flowers.

thanks bil.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Boxofsunshine said...

I really like how you said you want to end the " Dont ask Dont tell"
I am a lesbian and fixing to leave for basic for the air force =] thanks for the support

Whitney

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home