Monday, December 03, 2007

NON IN MEUS DOMUS

I have a new motto.

It's a two hour delay for school today. Why? We have an inch of snow on the ground. You know, hearty New Englanders that we are, a inch of snow has us running for cover.

You think we were a bunch of Southerners where there is only one plow in the entire state, rushing out for batteries when a flake falls from the sky. All the images of fortitude need to go right out the window.

The boys are currently out sledding down a big pile of dirt left from construction in the yard. Actually, at this point, they are on frozen mud. Zachary came running in a few moments ago to empty out a boot full of snow.

Don't even ask me how you get a boot full of snow when there is only an inch on the ground.

NON IN MEAUS DOMUS!

Great new motto. Why he thought dumping snow in the house was okay is a little beyond me. Why school was delayed is even more beyond me. It's all good, though. I have a new motto to live by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Hey now...us southerners don't run out for batteries! We run out for Milk, Bread, and Eggs! Even those of us that don't cook all know that you MUST have Milk, Bread, and Eggs in order to have a proper snow day. Hehe.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Batteries?!?!?! That's what we rush out to get if there's a hurricane coming!! But I guess that's only for coastal states like ours.

With snow, we rush out to get the aforementioned bread and milk...along with marshmallows, hot chocolate mix, and any other fattening foods that would be necessary to make it through days off from school.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

THERE WAS AN INCH OF SNOW!!!

We're so soft now... why, when I was a kid....

4:52 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

We're so soft now... why, when I was a kid....

I know, I know: it was uphill — both ways!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home