Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mom's Group



I had my Mom's group over tonight. It was the annual "birthday" party, celebration. We've been meeting for 13 years. Five couples, ten kids (now) since the time we were all pregnant with our first child. We're all lesbians. We met to share a birthclass together. Over the years, we have shared so very much more.



One of the beautiful things about Mom's group is everyone shares in the cooking. I only had to provide appetizers and soup. The rest would come through the door, be prepared in the kitchen, while we talked and joked, and laughed.



Dinner was great, and then there was the fabulous dessert prepared by the fabulous dessert Mom.



We all take turns hosting the event and while we all can't be there everytime, when we are all together, and we were tonight, there are twenty of us- ten adults, ten kids.

I'll write more tomorrow, I promise but right now? I'm ready for bed.

I love my Mom's group.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous. I didn't get to attend a birthing class (I was at home having Braxton-hicks), I wonder what we missed! That is a lovely tradition. I hope you can keep it up for years to come!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home