Friday, April 04, 2008

The Wife's Birthday

It's four o'clock. I'm not anywhere near ready for the wife's birthday. The wife will be home soon. People coming over.

I am in deep doo doo.

Her mother sent beautiful flowers.

Phew. Cross flowers off the list.

I did get champagne- Jeanine loves champagne.

The kids are cleaning up the house as I type which means each one is pointing out what the other one has not done yet. Loudly. In a few moments, I can tell a fight will erupt. More mess will be made. Why did I have children?

We have children so we can accept death, a friend said.

Accept? Try welcome.

Allan called and clearly has forgotten he is suppose to come over tonight. I cannot remember when I told people to show up.

I just looked at Jeanine's desk in the back room. I think I need to put a tarp over it. A five, a four and a three year old are coming over. Stacks of books, unopened mail and gear are all precariously balanced in a corner of the room right next to the video game gear.

Not good.

The one thing I can say?

Happy Birthday, Jeanine. I love you.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure whatever happens, it will be grand in the end. Happy Birthday JC!!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeanine!

Enjoy!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Happy birthday Jeanine! It's my dad's birthday, too! (Are you as stubborn as he is?)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to keep it all together. Proud.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Happy birthday, Jeanine!

May a thousand songs bloom in your heart.

And may your students all turn in their work on time.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Aw. Happy Birthday!

10:05 PM  
Blogger In_Flight said...

Happy b-day to her, although I'm late :)

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Everyone!

It was a fabulous birthday! Wonderful friends, food and champagne! (I'll have to work on the students though...)

JC

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home