Saturday, May 31, 2008

Birthday Queen

In our house, when it's your birthday, you get to be King or Queen for the day.

I am Queen today. Even with my mother in law here. Which is surprising. She didn't even complain last night when the steak I cooked her had a little tiny bit of pink in it.

Well done, not burnt, no pink. The Weezie mantra. Doesn't matter that I've known this for 18 years, she always tells me before I start to cook. Just in case I forgot.

How could I?

I have to give a big giant shout out to all the guys working on the yard this week. There was an enormous push to get everything done and planted by today. Lee Gilliam, Leon Holt and of course Walter- thank you thank you thank you. I'm going to go out and shoot some pictures to post but you won't quite get the before/after effect- I can only say that a month ago, there was two large piles of dirt in my back yard and not a single blade of grass. Plastic toys strewn about.

Dog poop.

In February, when my old neighbors were putting their house up for sale, the wife came over and asked... are you leaving it like that?

The boys had pulled out a couple pieces of wood creating a path between the two 6 foot mounds of dirt. It did seem to serve a purpose.

No... it's not a feature.

I finished my office, too. Made me cry to finally see it complete. Partly because it's taken so long (my fault), partly because it's so grown up looking, and partly because I've finally hung up the last of my mother's art.



Now I am about to beckon Jeanine to fetch a cup of coffee. I love being the birthday queen.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

Happy Birthday, Queen!

I am so jealous of that office! You can't begin to imagine what my "office" looks like, but you give me inspiration!

Have a great day today -- but pace yourself on the jello shots!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday your majesty!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hmm. I'm not sure if my hubs would "fetch" anything for me our not!

Happy Birthday, Your Majesty. I hope your day has been fantastic.

(Wonderful office, btw.)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Nulaanne said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday your Majesty!

Hopefully all of your faithful subjects made all your wishes come true

6:57 PM  
Blogger (no subject) said...

Happy Birthday!!!

your office looks great and i really like that picture in the center behind your desk

8:21 PM  
Blogger Seda said...

Happy birthday!!!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I had a couple comments that the picture must have been a self portrait...

very funny.

the party was amazing fun. very grown up party. well, until we started to play rock band at the end...

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your the Queen everyday in my book!
Glad u had a wonderful birthday!
Your Seester:)

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol online order tramadol pay cod - buy tramadol online with cod

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home