Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ready, Set... GO!

I started off this morning, nervous as hell. What would I do? I have never been part of this kind of campaign before- would I make calls? Would I stuff envelopes? Would I run to get coffee?

Honestly, I'd do whatever.

I was asked to raise 30K by this afternoon for a mailing that is going to 750 thousand people.

Alrighty... I got on the phone. Email. I even texted someone for a donation. Hey, I'm not proud.

And as one friend said, listen, my portfolio is pretty much going to be the same on Wednesday November 5th. But if we lose in California... I'll never forgive myself.

Noonprop8.com. I don't care if you have 10 bucks to give, or if you've given already. Please... again. Tell them I sent you.

I am also going to help get out the women to several events across the state.

Yup. Money and women. That's what I'm doing. So far.

It's nice to see a contingency of people from Massachusetts out here. I am proud to be on the board of Mass Equality because we remember everyone came to help us. Now we're here to help them.

It's electric to be in the room and not only because there are so many cute women. California is the largest state. If we win here, it's over. Our opponents know this and are getting more and more desperate.

The No on 8 campaign is organized and cruising at a fast pace. Massive volunteers will show up tonight to make calls. Media opportunities are being taken advantage of at every moment.

It's about fairness. Equality.

I'm going back to the phones. I have some more dollars to shake out. Anything, everything counts at this point. It's not about raising millions more, it's about hitting daily targets to get it done.

At four? I get to tackle the women. Um... I mean the women's events.

As an aside? The nerves are gone. No time to waste.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good work Sara!

we're proud...

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you for coming here.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Shake 'em down, baby! ;)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

c'mon ladies, cough some up...

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia and I made a contribution tonight.

Liz

7:59 PM  
Blogger Tim and Louie said...

Sara, my husband and I just made another donation. We were married in San Diego on June 27th, 2008 and we would like to keep it that way!

And you are correct, every little bit helps. Some may think that their paltry $5.00 donation is nothing compared to Bruce Bastian's $1 Million or Brad Pitt's $100,000 donation to NO on Prop. 8

But, the truth is that there are more LGBT folks with $5.00 to spare than there are Bruce Bastians and Brad Pitts.

Collectively, if everyone that believes in this cause gave $5.00, it would surpass Bastian's and Pitt's donations combined!!!

What are you all waiting for!?

Skip that mocha frappuccino at Starbucks for the next 7 days and instead donate that money to NO on Prop. 8!!!

Then after we WIN in California, you can go out to Starbucks and celebrate SWEET victory!!!!!

California - Vote "NO" on Prop. 8!
Arizona - Vote "NO" on Prop. 102! AGAIN!
Florida - Vote "NO" on Amendment 2!
Connecticut - Vote "NO" on Question 1!

P.S. - Sara, you are AWESOME for flying out to Cali. to help us FIGHT for marriage equality! ROCK ON!!!!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just gave more tonight. Thanks for going out there and helping.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

thanks, Liz. You tell Julia when she's older? I'll need her help manning the phones.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

and liz? tell julia she really choked me up out here.

truly.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Seda said...

Another donation in the pot, hopefully in your name, Sara. Thank you so much for going out there. Hope your cabbie is right! Either way, you're doing your part, and I'm grateful.

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

donation made! thanks for doing so much work in support of this important vote.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home