Thursday, October 30, 2008

To Fast or Not?

James Dobson has called for all his minions to fast for 48 hours and then go get 'em, fight the battle to ban equality and fairness in California.

I guess then they'd all be set to munch down a ton of Twinkies and get away with the madness. More illegal contributions are being tracked in Florida and the Mormons snuck another million into California.

You know what? I think we're going to win. I think people see the nutty folks speaking tongues and swaying in Qualcomm stadium and think... whoa nelly, they've all lost their minds.

I hope they do.

I went to the event in Oakland and I gotta tell you, I might give up Rachel Maddow and Wanda Sykes for Barbara Lee. She did her speech and then picked up her cell phone and made a call.



We all made calls. And had some amazing BBQ. If you are ever in Oakland, go to Everett & Jones Barbecue, 126 Broadway at 2nd Street. Get the brisket with medium sauce. Okay, if you're a baby go for mild because the medium had quite a burn! But they donated the space, and the No on 8 signs in an African-American owned business made me feel great.

I'm not fasting. That's stupid. We're only asking you give up all your money. Which I guess would lead to fasting...

After, I scouted polling locations in Oakland. I have to be honest, I'm not good with directions. I can get a little... testy when lost. But I took my list and my little everlost program on the rental car and went to it.

What is it with all the churches as voting locations? I find that a tad creepy.

Driving back over the Bay Bridge, I thought about my kids. It's almost Halloween. I don't know who is carving the pumpkins because I always do. The last time I was here, the whole family came out. We went to Alcatraz, to Muir Woods, to some fabulous restaurants. I had an email from the principal of Ben's school- one of the buses had a small accident.

Don't worry.

I do worry. I'm a mother. It's my job. Ben failed a test and tried to get Walter to sign the paper, thinking he would get away with it.

As if we don't talk to each other.

Jake had an amazing costume made for him by a good friend of ours. I'll miss it.

I'm not going to fast and I'm not going to give up. There are a few more days and if I stop now- what will be the point?

Maybe I'll fedex a pizza to James Dobson. See how his resolve holds up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Seda said...

Yeah, I hope they fast that long, and then pass out from hunger and forget to vote.

Thank you, Sara, again.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaaaaaa


send the pizza...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Tim and Louie said...

Awesome job, Sara!!!

Yes, the polling locations inside of churches also strikes me with a sense of trepidation. Why? Because SO MANY of these churches have "Yes on Prop. 8" or in my case "Yes on Prop. 102" right on their property!

Are they going to take those signs down on polling day?

This really stinks!

California - Vote "NO" on Prop. 8!
Arizona - Vote "NO" on Prop. 102! AGAIN!
Florida - Vote "NO" on Amendment 2!
Connecticut - Vote "NO" on Question 1!

10:42 PM  
Blogger MammaT said...

NO!! Not Pizza, that is a clear and obvious attempt at swaying him. FedEx him three (small) fish and a loaf of bread...With a message: "I love all my children. Eat. From Jesus"

2:15 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Just make sure it's not a Domino's Pizza!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, I like the fish and bread one... that's good.

and they have to take all signs down- nothing within 100 feet.

there was one neighborhood, with the church at the end of a dead end and every house- and I mean every house- leading up for a block had No on 8 signs.

made me feel very hopeful.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home