Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great Company

I love hanging out with Jeanine's family. I get to pick on her and they all agree. Since there are so many people around? She doesn't even know I'm talking about her.

It's also nice to get support around difficult teenage boys.

As the years have passed, I've learned a lot about how this family works and moves. I have never really understood the amount of love there is. Oh, they fight, to be sure, but overall, there is genuine love for each other.

Everyone teases each other, playfully. Don't ever screw up in front of these people because man oh man they will never let you forget.

My family is like that, too, minus the playful.

We're all wiped out after a day of the beach, football watching, and swimming. Everyone has finally arrived for Weezie's birthday celebration. All the kids have grown and surprisingly, the adults have not aged at all.

I wish. We have all aged, and there are health issues running quietly just under the radar. I can't imagine losing any of these people. Ever. One of the hardest things for me when Jeanine and I struggled with our marriage was the thought that I'd lose the Go-Zam's.

The waves are crashing again tonight. The boys are almost asleep in front of the TV. I'm not sure I have the energy to go wash the salt and chlorine off me. I want to enjoy this moment.

Nothing else matters when you're surrounded by great company.

Lots of love.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara and Jeanine-a-poo.... you are missing a great Euchre card tournament tonight..... We've got 4 tables playing with people sitting out waiting to play!
Signed,
The Go-Zam's!!!!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

It sounds like you picked a good time to escape New England! Have a great vacation!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

tonight, ms. go-zam, allan and I are going to beat everyone's pants off at euchre.

better hide your money.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your time there and give my birthday wishes to weezie.

teaming up with allan for euchre was a good choice. he won the downeast euchre tounament this summer, by a hair mind you.

in ogunquit for the day, going over to check on the progress at the house later. things are happening again!

snow here this morning, more tomorrow and saturday. enjoy the beach b----! LOL

6:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, Donald, Allan kicked me to the curb as soon as he walked in. He wanted a better partner.

I will remember this next summer.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is like that! we can get you in some games next summer. then you can show him!!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home