Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy Birthday

Everyone is crashed. We're in the hotel watching the end of the Penn State game- ouch. I won another football pool this week (Patriots game) and my boys believe I have it rigged.

Not so. Just have a pattern I pick in the squares.

We're going to visit my sister in Savannah tomorrow. I love that city. So old, haunted and beautiful. Kinda like my sister.

We all cooked and cooked and I hope the birthday party was a success. I mean, Iowa won. I think that was all that really mattered.

Seriously, my mother in law is a good woman with a kind heart and deserves a lot of love on every day.

Of course, I don't live here and I'm not sure what her daughters that do would say to that.

Walter took the boys for a last swim in the pool. Jeanine is packing the bags. The wind is whipping but there is no snow involved. I don't mind.

Happy birthday, Weezie.

Much love, the ferocious otter.

Not Jeanine's other weird girlfriend she brought down once, long ago, as we quickly sorted out today. She was weird. I am ferocious.

As in otter.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Now!!

Beautiful.....absolutely
Haunted....completely in a beautiful way
But OLD?!?!?!? Not even!!

Can't wait to see you!!!!
Your Seester:) who is definatly NOT old!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Seda said...

Sorry I can't join you in feeling bad about the Rose Bowl - being a PAC-10 fan, though...

Speaking of which, the PAC-10 went 5-0 in bowls this year. ;-)

Happy New Year! Happy Birthday!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your visit with kathy. won't be long until you are back in the cold weather!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Denita said...

I love Savannah, but it has been so long since I was there. Enjoy!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Wave out the left window as you fly past Alabama on your way to a place with proper weather.

I'm totally with Denita, and unless thigs changed since I was there last, write a note on your calendar to spend next Halloween in Savannah. The SCAD kids really know how to celebrate Halloween.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home