Friday, August 07, 2009

Quick Update

I'm on my way back to the hospital...

My sister made it through fine. Everything went well. Being the poster child for Murphy's Law, however, she had to give us a little scare last night by continuing to bleed and having her blood pressure go down down down down down...

Seems to have evened out. She spent the night in the ICU and if she thought the beeping in the recovery room was annoying, well, she has another thing coming.

Finally, she has a huge weight removed. It's going to take a few days to feel good but I hope she gets a second chance.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I do too. I do too.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I was in the ICU once, but I didn't know it -- I was so doped up after my surgery that all I knew was that the nurses were so nice and incredibly attentive -- and it was really quiet! Glad to hear your sister is through the surgery and on to the next phase in recovery.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Kori said...

Deep breaths...whew. This is good.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Wonderful news. You're not the only one who was worried.

Now I can say this: you and your seester came through everything that happened and became people who don't have a thing that's hurtful in your nature. Not that I'd recommend it, but there's something to be said for surviviving. Tell her we've been thinking of her and wishing her well.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

no, Sue, I do not think she will remember much from this experience as her hand is tightly clenched on the morphine pump button and even when she appears sound asleep, she's still pushing.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

ah the morphine pump i remember it well. Heavy sigh from the O'Brien clan glad to hear all went well big hugs and kisses to both of you.
:) love ya

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Morphine: ask for it by name. My wife had double knee replacement and she was going clickety click on the pump button. And on the 2nd knee they gave her methadone.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Misgrace said...

Good news. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next days and that everything goes well.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like good news!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home