Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sunrise


I woke up very early this morning. Jake had a bad dream. I went in and stuck my arm through the bars of his top bunk and rubbed his back. The cat gently stuck her paw through the other side and played with my moving arm.

I came downstairs and watched the sunrise though the tree branches.

I wonder what it would be like to be alone. All my talk is as much to convince myself I can take huge leaps as it is to be heard.

The words tossed back and forth between us are like a cartoon bomb, waiting to explode, it’s wick seemingly endless. We have some basic disagreements about big issues. For the first time, we both feel sure about our place.

Is compromise possible?

My life is falling apart. I understand the word shattered for the first time.

The sun came up. I wondered about happiness. Love.

Jake came tearing down the stairs and jumped in my lap.

Snuggle time, he said, curling up.

His cold feet pressed against my hand.

I know happiness and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home