Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hate Crimes Bill Killed

The party is over. Today Congress dropped the Hate Crimes Bill. The legislation that would have expanded hate crimes to include LGBT people was killed after "it became clear the measure wouldn't pass the House, aides said Thursday" Pageoneq.com reported today.

I give up. Just come beat the shit out of me, stab me, rape me, tie me to a post and let me die because I’m a lesbian and you don’t like lesbians.

And if you get caught, sure, you’ll go to jail. You’ll get to sit on the stand and say, Well, she was a LESBIAN and I hate lesbians. In fact, the fact that lesbians existed made me so depressed, all day long I ate twinkies. Twinkie after twinkie. By the end of the 20th box I was so depressed I hate eaten so many twinkies I decided to go kill me some lesbians.

Crazy talk, right?

It did happen. Dan White gunned down George Moscone and Harvey Milk, claiming evidence of his depression was shown in such a radical change in his diet.

A more famous example but if you’d like to stroll down memory lane, past the Harvey Milk and Mathew Sheppard Case, past James Byrd, past Brandon Teena, go to visit the Hate Crimes, Wikipedia Project at The Republic of T blogsite.

It’s not about special treatment. It’s not about liking or accepting homosexuality. It’s about a set of consequences for people who target other people simply because they are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

It’s about blind hatred and violence.

Take a stand against it.

Go to Terrance’s site, please.

And then please call your US Representative, your US Senator and express your outrage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Damn Damn Damn.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Well said.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home