Tuesday, November 04, 2008

At the Polls in Massachusetts

Back in my liberal La-La land of Massachusetts, I hung out with a friend who was holding signs outside the poll. We chatted and said hello to folks walking in, telling them we heard Starbucks was giving out free coffee to anyone who voted.

Of course, we were skeptics. How will they know we voted? Would they give us tea instead? Could we take a raincheck- we had already had our coffee for the day.

Hey, we're New Englanders. We look a gift horse in the mouth and give it a kick to be sure it's alive.

On my way home, I came across this bumper sticker, a car parked obviously to go vote.



If this is not a Palin 2012 sticker, I don't know what is.

Personally, while the baby killing part isn't as bad as what they would have gone after Hillary Clinton with- she actually ate babies, from their point of view- I wasn't demoralized by it.

I realized they know they are going to lose.

Stay tuned...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Wow. I hadn't seen that one. Clever, eh?
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Desperate, ignorant measures.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

That's the word that sprang to my mind, too, Ms Moon: desperate.

Sara, will you be live blogging tonight?

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palin 2012 is disgusting to think about....

John McCain would be so fucking pissed if Palin was elected in a few years and he wasn't...

Does anyone else miss Al Gore? I'm sort of sad he's been dropped out of the whole President Vice President bid. Oh well, it's Obama time today. Fingers crossed for a miracle landslide.

NO ON PROP 8 CALIFORNIA!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

yes I will be live blogging tonight... probably here, maybe on bilerico... can't decide.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think we win easily. Honestly, I do. Obama, some major senate and house races- and I think we struggle in FL and CA and AZ with the marriage props.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Do you know what I saw this morning when I voted, besides long lines?

Smiles. Huge smiles from neighbor to neighbor, well off people to poor people, Whites to Latinos and blacks.
Big, big smiles.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home