Monday, January 26, 2009

A Few Questions For Monday Morning

I have a few questions... simple questions but ones that perplex me.

I am proud of the kind of food critics my children have become. Over the years, Jeanine and I have encouraged them to think about the food they are eating. It has it's drawbacks, though. Do other people's children ask for a specific style of sandwich cut? Zachary insists on triangles. Jake likes rectangles. Who can keep this straight at 7:30AM?

Does anyone else get up in the morning and look with joy for the newspaper on the front step? For eight years, I dreaded what would be on the headlines. Now, I find myself eager to see the news. Very strange.

I noticed yesterday that Ben's mustache is coming in. I also noticed mine is, too. As he edges into manhood, I'm edging into menopause. I'm wondering... will we start shaving at the same time?

The Republicans don't like the stimulus plan being presented by the Obama administration. Why is anyone surprised? A bunch of pork crazed maniacs when in power, suddenly the GOP is claiming purity. Please. Like a two year old caught with donut sugar on his face saying someone else ate the last one, do they really think anyone believes them?

You know you've been married a long time, perhaps too long, when you can anticipate being blamed senselessly for years to come. Jeanine insists I moved a cable of hers- you have no idea who many cables there are in this house due to her studio- and I know that for the next thirty years I will be blamed for it's disappearance. Does she think I went out back, dug a hole and buried it? And to what end?

With Gitmo soon to be shut down, does anyone else wonder if war crime indictments might be forthcoming? We as a country are quick to put to trial other leaders- will we have the courage to put our own leaders on the witness stand?

What do you think?

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Hmmm. Well. I remember starting up the menopause when my youngest was barreling into puberty. A daughter. Why my husband is still here is a mystery to me.
And that very same child liked the triangle sandwiches too. But she called them "kangaroos" for no apparent reason. We still call them that.
Now, as to whether certain former American leaders will be tried as they should be for war crimes- I have no idea but why not? What is preventing this?

8:43 AM  
Blogger Coffee Slut said...

I'm on my 10th year of menopause ....plenty of hot flashes, night sweats, 30 pounds weight gain, but no moustache yet. At least I have that to look forward to!
Have a great week!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling doubtful that we will put them to trial anytime soon. I hope we investigate and come up with the evidence, and that people cry out for a trial.

11:31 AM  
Blogger In_Flight said...

I'd like to see some sort of accountability for our leaders, especially if they engage in questionalbe behavior.

I just don't think we'll see it happen, at least not soon. That's the way politics in our country is set up.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many questions and no answers, why not, your mind get frozen from a weekend in maine?

too bad that mustache didn't come in last weekend, you could have used it at the drag party!! LOL

9:08 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Jeanine's problem is that even 2 cables is too many. She should learn to play the kazoo.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home