Saturday, February 28, 2009

Deep in the Doghouse

I can be such a jerk.

I've been miserable all day. Mad. Angry. Just out of sorts. Jeanine and I were due at a friend of hers tonight for dinner.

I whined.

Okay, deep down I was looking forward to some awesome Cuban food. I could not keep my mouth shut though.

We get the kids, go out the door... I slip on the last small piece of sheer ice on the driveway. I think I broke my elbow.

Do I go? Do I stay home?

Jeanine sends me back in the house. I'm not going to pay for this, she says.

I should go but it hurts. Half of it is how scared I was, I'm sure. It hurts to move but its just an elbow.

I'm deep in the doghouse tonight. Typing with one hand and wishing I hadn't been such a jerk all day.

10 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

being able to move it is a good sign. hell ya its scary we don't bounce like we use to. Ice Ice Ice.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just don't want to shovel all the snow coming in tomorrow!!

remember, what goes around comes around. maybe you shouldn't have been a jerk all day!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I know, donald. I really, really get that part.

and part of it, suzy? is that I simply did not have the reflexes I once had to make the fall not so bad.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

reflexes fail me quite often these days. I can guarntee you will walk more cautiously on any icy surface from now on I know I sure do. Hope your feeling better today.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

You know, the "slip and fall" is the #1 danger for old people.

Just sayin' ....

6:15 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

ouch i think that hurt more than the fall.:)

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sue, that "old people" comment might just get your maine visit invitation from sara withdrawn! what were you thinking? LMAO

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Hey -- I'm older than Sara. I say these things from experience!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I'm 6 months older than Iggy Pop (OK, maybe that was a bad example) and last year a physical therapist told me I should be careful not to fall and break my hip! WTF???

We were never as unbreakable as we thought we were.

And we never lose our capacity for being jerks.

You have your house in Miami picked out yet? Maybe The Fort? There used to be a great little restaurant there where they take you there in a boat.

p.s., fix the elbow. Elbows and ankles that don't heal right will bother you till you're as old and decrepit as me.

3:45 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
nike blazer
ugg outlet
ugg boots
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet
ugg outlet
sac longchamp
oakley sunglasses
omega watches sale
2017.7.21

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home