Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cold cold cold

It's cold again.

Fucking cold. A friend send me a great link thefuckingweather.com. I love it. You can enter your own zip but funny, it always starts in Rochester, NY.

Where it's always fucking cold.

This is the hardest time of year. A few warm days and you lose your mind thinking it's going to be spring. Then winter blasts in a nice ice front to remind you, hello? It's still February.

I get in a serious funk this time of year. I want winter over, I want warm sun, I want the windows open. The piles of winter gear- boots, mittens, snow pants- have long since lost their charm.

By mid-March, I'll be in shorts, basking in 45 degree sun because I can't take it anymore.

Today? Just cold. Fucking cold.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think it is cold down there, you should have spent 36 hours without power!! last night i slept on the couch in front of the fireplace! at least i wasn't burning up the fuel oil! and don't even talk to me about snow! let's run off somewhere warm for the weekend, i'm sure jeanine won't mind.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I was going to leave a comment earlier today, but my fingers were too cold to type ....

6:22 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

hey, wally is down in ft. lauderdale, lets go crash in on him!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm all packed, just tell what flight we are on! i'm sure he wouldn't mind us horning in on his little vacation! just saw the weather forecast, another big snow storm possible on sunday, tell me it isn't so, i have no place to put more snow!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home